Skip to main content

Council Tax Reductions

Claim a council tax reduction

You may be able to claim a council tax reduction if you use a room in the house to help with your health condition, e.g. for a physio bed or oxygen generator. You will then pay at the rate of one council tax band lower than the one that you are currently paying. You would need to apply to your local county council for this. There is information on the individual council websites about disabled band reductions as well as the application form. It is simple to apply for and has nothing to do with your income or savings.


Blue Badges

You may be entitled to a Blue Badge if your child finds it difficult to walk due to their lung condition. In addition, you can review the eligibility criteria and process for applying for a blue badge on the government website here.

Apply for a blue badge