Print pageLoss of muscle tone
If you are unwell you may take less exercise. Your muscles may become weaker.
Try to eat a well balanced diet.
- Try to eat more high-protein foods – meat, fish, poultry and dairy products
- Add grated cheese to vegetables, soups and casseroles
- Use double-strength milk instead of water for cereals and milk puddings (double strength milk is one cup of whole milk with 1/3 cup of non-fat dry milk powder added)
- Add hard-boiled eggs to tuna and chicken for sandwiches/salads
- Add non-fat dried milk to casseroles, custards and puddings