The Royal Brompton are seeking individuals to support with a focus group on lung function. If this is of interest, please review further details below.
Role description for focus group members – Developing the utility of multiple breath washout in the pediatric tertiary center
- This study will look at lung function testing in children with respiratory disease, specifically what role the multiple breath washout test might have in clinical testing in the future
- As part of this project, a small focus group (3-6 members) of parents from families affected by respiratory disease is being formed.
- The focus group will discuss findings and progress on the study, but also help ensure the aims and objectives are relevant to children and their families.
- The group will consist of the parents and the researcher, Dr Samantha Irving, who is conducting the research.
- The group will meet 6 times in the 3 years of the study, it is desirable for members to be able to make most of those sessions. You can leave the role at any point by informing the chair. It will be possible to attend these meetings by skype/conference call if required.
- There may be some paperwork distributed in advance of the meetings to be read
- We will offer you training to help you get the best from the role
- We will support you to attend the meetings (see Payment and expenses, below)
Payment and expenses:
- Group members will receive a stipend of £75 for each meeting they will be able to attend
- Travel costs of up to £100 per meeting will also be covered
- Meetings will be catered with lunch and/or tea and coffee appropriate to timing
- Some additional costs (such as home printing) can also be reimbursed
- Dr Samantha Irving, firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7352 8121 x88233