Cookies are small text files stored by your browser on your computer or phone and they are used to make websites easier for visitors to use. They allow sites to store things like user preferences and gather anonymous data about how the site is used to help improve a visitor’s experience.
Please note that no advertising cookies are used on this site and no cookie data is used for marketing purposes.
The cookies used by this site
When you visit this site, the following type of cookies can be created:
- Site preferences cookies
- Anonymous analytics cookies
- Registration cookies
Site preferences cookies
These cookies are used to ensure that the site remembers how you want to use it. For example:
- allowing you to return to the same page you were on when you last logged off
- you current progress within a site as reported in the progress bar
- whether you see the latest or the oldest article comments first
Anonymous analytics cookies
- How many unique visitors the site has received and how many pages are viewed
- Technical information such as what version of browser a visitor has and what kind of operating system they use
All of this anonymous data is used to plan and implement updates to the site and ensure it is optimized for our visitors.
If you are registered with this site, we will create cookies that tell us information such as whether you are signed in or not and the website will use these cookies to manage your account details, allow access to the correct areas and customize your visit to match your account status. It also allows us to associate any comments you post with your username.
Turning cookies off
Cookies can be turned off using preferences in your browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome etc.) but please bear in mind that disabling cookies for this site may result in some functionality being disabled and may have an impact on other sites you visit afterwards.
However please bear in mind that if you disable cookies for this site you may find that it is not possible to have your progress and performance in any learning activities recorded by the site.
In order to change your browser’s cookie preferences, please click on the relevant link to find out more or click on the “Help” option in your browser:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
To find out more information about cookies or about online privacy, you may find the following links useful: